The Client requires information regarding the resolution of the Client’s financial difficulties, including, but not limited to the possibility of filing bankruptcy. In response to this request for information, Jeffrey D. Mapes, PLC agrees to meet with and counsel the Client in an office conference to discuss the following:
1. Non-bankruptcy options for the resolution of the Client’s financial difficulties;
2. Bankruptcy options for the resolution of the Client’s financial difficulties;
3. The procedures and requirements for filing a Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13 case;
4. The attorney fees, costs, and expenses the client will incur if a bankruptcy is filed; and
5. The Client’s duties and responsibilities in a Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13 case.
It is specifically understood by the Client that, although Jeffrey D. Mapes, PLC is agreeing to conduct this conference with the Client to discuss both bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy solutions for the Client’s financial problems, Jeffrey D. Mapes, PLC is not agreeing to perform any further legal services for the Client. The Client may retain the future services of Jeffrey D. Mapes, PLC by executing a specific Retainer Agreement covering the services to be provided and by paying an agreed upon retainer prior to the commencement of representation of the Client by the undersigned attorney. Client further understands that all advice given today is preliminary and may change based upon a more thorough examination of the case.